Glenn and Arlene Litfin Nature Area
The Glenn and Arlene Litfin Nature Area is located alongside River St N, directly north of Central Park.
In 2015, Alrene Litfin and the Litfin family reached an agreement with the City to convey 37 acres of land for park use. The Park and Recreation formulated a plan and the City implemented the development of the Glen and Arlene Litfin Nature Area as part of the overall Central Park complex. In total, Central Park consists of over 175 acres of improved play areas and natural land preserve means to reach the canoe launch.
Click here for Site Plan (Map).
Glenn and Arlene Litfin Nature Area features two dog parks, which are both made possible by Nutri-Source. The Small Dog Park and the Large Dog Park are free for public usage. Dog owners can use their own discretion to decide the space that is best suited for their dogs (guidelines and recommendations below).
|Small Dog Park Recommendations
|Dogs that weigh under 30 lbs.
|Dogs that are older or considered "less active".
|Dogs that have a reputation of being friendly around smaller dogs.
If your dog does not meet any of the above criteria, usage of the Large Dog Park is recommended.
|Both dog parks are unsupervised. Use at your own risk.
|Dog owners are legally responsible for the actions of their dog(s) at all times.
|Puppies (under 4 months)
|All dogs must be up to date with their rabies vaccinations.
|Aggressive & Dangerous Dogs (via Delano City Code: Section 406.01, Subdivision 15)
|Dogs are required to be leashed both while entering and exiting either park.
|Dog waste must be properly cleaned and disposed of as soon as possible.
|Owners shall place their dog(s) under constant supervision, while also having a leash on-hand.
|Dogs in Heat
|Dog handlers must be at least 16 years old. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult and under constant supervision.
|Dogs should be under voice control.
Located next to the dog park off of River St N, you can find our 14 hole archery course, which is open year round! Feel free to run through the course if you desire to sharpen up your archery skills, try out a new bow, or to just escape into the woods to appreciate nature.
Daily Pass (Per Person): $5.00
|Individual Annual Pass
|Household Annual Pass
Annual Pass Information:
- If you are applying for an annual pass that is intended to be used by someone under the age of 18, the form must be signed by one parent/guardian.
- Individuals who purchase an annual pass will be given a physical indicator that they must keep visible at all times while using the range/course.
- Annual Passes will grant unlimited access to the archery range/course during the respective year of the application. For instance, if you purchase an annual pass anytime in 2023, that application will expire at the end of 2023 regardless of when you purchased the pass.
General Archery Rules:
- The range/course is currently unsupervised, so use this amenity at your own risk. The City of Delano is not responsible for any injuries and/or damage caused by you to another person and/or property.
- For children under the age of 15, adult supervision (18+) is required.
- Arrows with field points only. Crossbows and/or broadhead arrows are prohibited.
- No firearms or alcoholic beverages allowed on the course.
- Archery course and range are only open during daylight hours.
- In case of an emergency, please call 911
- Please report any broken targets to the City of Delano: (763) 972-0550
Archery Course Rules:
- Be sure to follow the marked trail and proceed in the order of the station numbers.
- All archers must remain in the staging area while waiting to shoot.
- Keep shooting within the shooting lanes and only shoot at targets (NOT wildlife).
- Wait until all arrows have been shot until going to retrieve them.
- When retrieving arrows, be sure to leave your bow on a hanger.
- If you are looking for lost arrows, be careful and do NOT wander far from the target.
- NEVER shoot when others are searching for their arrows at your station, or whenever others could be in danger of being shot.
Archery Range Rules:
- Stay within the boundaries of the range.
- Do not shoot until everyone is behind the shooting line.
- When a target round is complete, all archers are required to retrieve their shot arrows together.
- Before walking over the firing line, call "CLEAR".
- When returning from the firing line, call "LINE IS HOT" before starting.
- Inappropriate behavior will result in removal from the range.
- Range closes at sundown.
Remember to stay safe, while also looking out for the safety of others!
When completed, bring a physical copy to City Hall (234 2nd St N) or you can send it digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org.